Sustainable Development Goals
3. Good Health and Well-Being: a key principle of how we conduct our business is to protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and communities where we operate. We take our responsibility seriously to prevent incidents that could harm workers, the community or the environment. We continually evaluate risks and have detailed emergency plans in place. It is also critical that our products be handled and used safely by our customers. Our product stewardship program aims to make health, safety, and environmental protection an integral part of the distribution, use, recycling and disposal of all our products. Therefore, we work closely with our suppliers, carriers, and customers to assure these targets.
4. Quality Education: we are committed to providing adequate education and training for our current and future staff so that they acquire the knowledge for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship, and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development. Through this quality education strategy, our employees can develop through on-the-job experiences, learning from others, and in-class and online learning.
7. Affordable and Sustainable energy: Our office and warehouse are working with 100% green energy.
9. Infrastructure, innovation, industry: we are investing in a qualitative, reliable, sustainable, and resilient digital infrastructure, to support economic development and our employee well-being.
12. Responsible consumption and production: we are committed to environmentally sound management of chemicals and all waste through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse to minimize adverse effects on human health and the environment in our logistics operations.
13. Climate Action: we support the ambitions of the Paris Agreement and are reducing the intensity of GHG emissions from our logistic operations and delivering solutions that help advance a carbon-neutral economy.
17. Partnerships for the Goals: the Sumitomo Chemical Group collaborates actively with a broad range of organizations, including various international organizations, national and local governments, companies, and industry groups to strengthen the progress in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.